Sunday, March 8, 2015

No puppies!!

I am devastated and shocked to report that Lark is not pregnant.  I was so sure we would get it right this time.  I did an ultrasound on Friday and there were no puppies seen.  I am sick to my stomach about this for me, and, for all the wonderful folks who were hoping for a puppy.  I am not going to give up and will try again next time.  But I cannot ask anyone to wait any longer.  Teresa Labrie of wysiwyg Great Danes has one, and maybe 2, who have been bred.  I suggest that anyone who wants a puppy this spring/summer go to her website and fill out an application and get on her list.  Her website is www.wysiwyggreatdanes.com   One litter, I believe, is an all black litter.  The other one will be all blue.  I do not know of any other northeast puppies from reputable breeders.  If I hear of any, I will put a notice up on this blog.  I am so sorry.  I will trudge on and will try again on the next cycles of both girls.  I will definitely try a natural breeding next time.  Not quite sure of my plans yet.  CALLIE should be in heat in May and I will formulate a plane before then.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no :( so sorry that things didn't work out for Lark. I know you were really hoping for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sad news. We are all very disappointed and are having to take stock of how to proceed. Perhaps I'll call later in the week to discuss options.

    ReplyDelete