Monday, March 11, 2019

Sad news

Both Hazel and Pi are gone.  Both to cancer.  At 11 1/2 years old Hazel developed bone cancer in a rear leg.  I had to put her to sleep a little over a week ago when she could no longer use the leg.  Pi had a large abdominal tumor.  I put him to sleep today.  The vet said it was probably lymphoma or hemangiosarcoma.  He was 2 months shy of his 11th birthday.  I would like to think they are together somewhere.  I am broken.  But, I have Hazel's 2 daughters and I have Pi's daughter and son.  Their legacy lives on.

2 comments:

  1. Sterling
    I just this moment read on your web site that you lost Hazel and PI last month. I am so deeply sorry I know that they were your anchors in so many ways.
    Please know that they both brought me so much joy when I was with them - I think PI was my very favorite boy and Hazel gave me Veritas. I know that I am just
    one of many people whose life was touched by them and that is a legacy that you can be proud of. In my heart I know that they are together and at peace.

    They will live in your heart forever!

    Linda Fletcher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sterling,
    I just found this entry about your losses. Although it was months ago now, we share your sorrow. Pi's legacy lives on through Ezra too - he's doing very well and reminds us often of his uncle Beau. It's nice that you have one of his sons too. I'll get you a picture of Ezra soon!
    Chris Geyer and George Rhinehart

    ReplyDelete